BABOR, a global leader in professional skincare, is generously funding four scholarships for black, indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) pursuing careers in the professional beauty industry. The new BABOR Breaking Boundaries Esthetics Scholarship is administered by the non-profit Beauty Changes Lives.
Embracing the spirit of BABOR, the BABOR Breaking Boundaries scholarship celebrates inclusivity, diversity and the many pathways to career satisfaction available to licensed professionals. The tuition scholarships open educational doors of opportunity that prepare students to meet spa employers’ demand for estheticians, massage therapists and beauty professionals.
Award Amount: Four (4) $3,125 esthetics tuition scholarships will be awarded annually in 2021 and 2022.
- Two (2) scholarships will be available during our spring season September 1 – November 30, 2021.
- The BABOR Breaking Boundaries Esthetics Scholarship will be available exclusively to Black, Indigenous, People of Color in 2021. The applicants must identify as a person of color to qualify.
- This scholarship is open to new or currently enrolled students in an Esthetics program that leads to licensure in the U.S. or Canada.
- Complete online application and submit proof of enrollment for an esthetics program by uploading a legible copy of either: acceptance letter, progress report, or official letter from your school (must include name of school and your name).
- Submitted answers to question (a) and either question (b) or (c) via a 3 minute (maximum) public facing YouTube video: A.)We want you to unleash your full potential. Please describe a time when you overcame the odds in a situation and what were the results. B.) Why is skincare your passion? What do you hope to achieve in your career after Esthetic school? C.) True beauty is personal. How will you break the boundaries of what society thinks is “beautiful”?
“The best path for bridging the talent gap in the spa sector is to create a larger and more inclusive talent pipeline”
“We commend BABOR for their investment in the future of the spa industry and hope their gift will encourage other organizations to support professional development programs for estheticians, massage therapists and other spa professionals”
“We at ISPA are excited to support BABOR and Beauty Changes Lives as they pursue positive change by supporting promising individuals who belong to groups too often under-represented in our industry.”