The Horst M. Rechelbacher Foundation | Sustainable Success Advanced Cosmetology Scholarship
Horst Rechelbacher Foundation “Sustainable Success” advanced cosmetology 2019 Scholarship Programs and will be awarded through the Beauty Changes Lives Foundation.
Award Amount | # of Recipients
$50,000 total award for 2019
Advanced Cosmetology: $2,200 x 10 Recipients | 2- Spring, 4 Summer, 4 Fall Season
Scholarship Description & Award Information
In 1978, Horst Rechelbacher founded the Aveda Corporation, a global plant-based cosmetic company, & ushered a new consciousness into the world of beauty. Two decades later he shifted focus to Intelligent Nutrients, a health & beauty company that lives to the highest standards of 100% food-based, safe, non-toxic, organic ingredients. All of Horst’s innovations revolved around beauty products that would care for professionals, their guests & the planet through the power of pure flower & plant essences.
Horst’s entrepreneurial vision is to create successful businesses in partnership with nature. As he puts it, “Business can be a solution to our planet’s crisis rather than the problem. We are at the threshold of the Sustainable Evolution, and I believe it will be even greater than the industrial revolution. It is a very exciting time for innovative thinkers and future-minded entrepreneurs, who I call ‘Ecopreneurs.’
This scholarship is for licensed cosmetologists of the beauty industry. The “Sustainable Success” advanced cosmetology scholarship is designed to financially support those seeking to attend an advanced cosmetology class.
Applicant Requirements – “Sustainable Success” Basic Cosmetology
- Why you decided upon a career in cosmetology and what you love about this industry? What does success look like to you?
- What do you hope to achieve in attending an advanced education program?
- Include (3) different images of your artistic work on models, clients, friends, family or mannequins.
- Provide proof of licensure (photo)
Submitted answers to questions (1) and (2) via a 3-5 minute video
Ten (10) scholarships will be offered at different times during 2019 at the following times:
- March for Spring 2019 (2 scholarships avail.)-Application dates 3/1 – 5/12; Winner Notified 5/28/2019 – 6/7/2019
- May for Summer 2019 (4 scholarships avail.)— Application dates 5/1-7/31; Winner Notified 8/27/2019-9/10/2019
- August for Fall 2019 (4 scholarships avail.)– Application dates 8/1 – 10/15; Winner Notified 11/12/2019-11/22/2019
The following criteria is required for an application to be considered a qualified applicant:
- Applicant has fully completed all parts of the online application.
- Applicant has submitted either licensure or proof of program enrollment
- Applicant has submitted a video that is (3-5) minutes in length and answers questions (a & b). See questions under Application Requirements.
- Application received by the designated date & time.