The Horst M. Rechelbacher Foundation Oncology Skincare for Advanced Esthetics Scholarship
Horst Rechelbacher Foundation “Oncology Skincare” for advanced esthetics 2019 Scholarship Programs and will be awarded through the Beauty Changes Lives Foundation.
Award Amount | # of Recipients
$50,000 total award for 2019
Oncology: $2,000 x 10 Recipients | 4- Spring, 5- Summer, 5- Fall Season
Scholarship Description & Award Information
In 1978, Horst Rechelbacher founded the Aveda Corporation, a global plant-based cosmetic company, & ushered a new consciousness into the world of beauty. Two decades later he shifted focus to Intelligent Nutrients, a health & beauty company that lives to the highest standards of 100% food-based, safe, non-toxic, organic ingredients. All of Horst’s innovations revolved around beauty products that would care for professionals, their guests & the planet through the power of pure flower & plant essences.
Properly caring for guests of the salon & spa industry was always Horst’s intent. Knowing how to care for a guest that has a cancer diagnosis takes proper knowledge to safely & compassionately care for clients with individualized care to meet their specific needs.
The Oncology Spa Solutions® training started in the US in 2013 & has changed the lives of over 4,500+ students & many more clients. The success of this training confirmed to us that we as human beings have a desire to CARE for others & just need the right education to feel CONFIDENT in serving & caring for those that need us the MOST. More information here: https://www.oncologyspasolutions.com/basic-essentials-checkout
The “Oncology Skincare” scholarship is created for licensed estheticians that are seeking to better serve their clientele and especially those that may be facing cancer. It will also help them become more knowledgeable on how to care & treat these clients with SAFE non-toxic products. Those who may be facing cancer can find joy & rejuvenation when visiting their spa & esthetician.
Applicant Requirements – “Oncology Skincare” Advanced Esthetics
- Complete online application and submit required or proof of licensure.
- Submitted answers to questions (a) and (b) via a 3-5 minute video
- Why they decided to go into esthetics, and how being educated in Oncology Skincare will further your career and skillset.
- Video must show application of an esthetics treatment and include a description of why you love esthetics, and why you chose this as a career path.
Eight (8) scholarships will be offered at different times during 2019 at the following times:
- March for Spring 2019 (4 scholarships avail.)-Application dates 3/1 – 4/30; Winner Notified 5/28/2019 – 6/7/2019
- May for Summer 2019 (5 scholarships avail.)– Application dates 5/1 – 7/31; Winner Notified 8/27/2019-9/10/2019
- August for Fall 2019 (5 scholarships avail.)– Application dates 8/1 – 10/15; Winner Notified 11/12/2019-11/22/2019
The following criteria is required for an application to be considered a qualified applicant:
- Applicant has fully completed all parts of the online application.
- Applicant has submitted either licensure or proof of program enrollment
- Applicant has submitted a video that is (3-5) minutes in length and answers questions (a & b). See questions under Application Requirements.
Application received by the designated date & time.