L’Oréal Professionnel Empowering Diversity Scholarship (Elevate Salon Institutes)
Award Amount | # of Recipients
Up to $20,000 in Tuition for 1 (One) Recipient | Summer Season
Applications Accepted June 1 – August 31, 2021
Scholarship Description & Award Information
2021 kicks off an empowering season as L’Oreal Professionnel launches the annual Empowering Diversity Scholarship. Reflecting core values of diversity and equity in the hairdressing profession, the scholarship awards up to $20,000 in tuition funding for BIPOC students enrolled or accepted into any Elevate Salon Institute location throughout the U.S.
This scholarship will be offered annually to those interested in a career in hairdressing. In addition, each winner is eligible to be included into a mentoring / coaching program designed for cosmetology students during their time in school and for 1 year POST Graduation.
This year the Empowering Diversity Scholarship will be dedicated to the memory of Sheena Coleman, a much loved member of the L’Oréal Professionnel Education Team who sadly passed away in 2020. Sheena’s love and passion for educating and inspiring others will live on as we dedicate the Empowering Diversity Scholarship to her memory.
The L’Oreal Professionnel Empowering Diversity Scholarship (Elevate Salon Institutes)
- This scholarship will be available to anyone who identifies as a person of color.
- This scholarship is open to new or currently enrolled students in a cosmetology program that leads to licensure at an Elevate Salon Institute in the U.S.
- Celebrating diversity, the scholarship is open to students who identify as a person of color whose service demonstrates a commitment to justice, equity and diversity. Beyond demonstrating their commitment to these principles, applicants will be evaluated based on academic achievement, community involvement, financial need and their commitment to entering the hairdressing profession as a member of the L’Oreal Professionnel family.
- Family members of L’Oreal Professionnel, elevate Salon Institute or the Franchisor are not eligible for this scholarship. Past winners of LP Scholarships cannot apply.
- Complete online application and submit proof of enrollment for a cosmetology program by uploading your: progress report, or official acceptance letter from your school.
- Submit a 3-minute maximum length, public YouTube video answering the following 3 questions:
- Explain the moment when you were certain that a career in cosmetology was your calling.
- Tell us the way in which you currently give back to your community.
- What does it mean to you to be entering the beauty community as a member of the L’Oreal Professionnel family?