Beauty Changes Lives BIPOC Cosmetology/Barbering Student Scholarship
The Beauty Changes Lives Foundation is a nonprofit driven to make the beauty profession a first-choice career. At BCL, we are committed to empower the next generation of beauty professionals through scholarships, mentorships, and advanced educational opportunities. The first dedicated Beauty Changes Lives Scholarship is launching for the Winter 2023 season. The scholarship is specifically developed for students interested in a career in the Cosmetology and/or Barbering who identifies as Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC).
Award Amount | # of Recipients
One (1) $15,000 Cosmetology/Barbering Student Scholarship
Two (2) $5,000 Cosmetology/Barbering Student Scholarships
Scholarships will be awarded during the Winter 2023 season open from December 15, 2022 – February 28, 2023.
The Beauty Changes Lives BIPOC Cosmetology/Barbering Students Scholarship requires the following qualifications to be eligible:
- The applicant must identify as Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC).
- The applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the program at the accredited school/institution.
- This scholarship is open to new or currently enrolled students in a cosmetology and/or barbering program that leads to licensure at an accredited school/institution in the United States.
- Complete online application and submit proof of enrollment / acceptance in a cosmetology/barbering program an accredited school/institution. You must upload either an enrollment document, official acceptance letter, or progress report from an accredited school
- Submit a 3-minute maximum, YouTube video with a public link answering the following questions:
- What is the inspiration for wanting a career as a cosmetologist or barber in the professional beauty industry?
- Why is the beauty industry your passion and why do you think you should receive this scholarship?
- How will YOU Change Lives through your career in Beauty?
Dates are subject to change.