Applications accepted from June 1 – August 31, 2021
DERMALOGICA ‘”NEW BEGINNINGS” ESTHETICS SCHOLARSHIP 2021
Dermalogica has generously funded the “New Beginnings” Esthetics Scholarship 2021. Founded in 1986 by Jane Wurwand, out of a desire to provide skin therapists with best-in-class products and education, Dermalogica has grown to become the #1 choice of skin care for professionals worldwide. It’s mission, rooted in education is to inspire women in underserved communities to develop the skills they need to be independent.
Dermalogica’s “New Beginnings” Esthetics Scholarship is open to BIPOC students who are newly accepted or currently enrolled in an esthetics program at a *Dermalogica partner school. The esthetics student scholarship will be awarded through Beauty Changes Lives.
Scholarship Name: Dermalogica – “New Beginnings” Esthetics Scholarship
Award Amount | # of Recipients: $20,000 total awards for 2021 | $5,000 x 4 Recipients (total)
(2) for Summer 2021, open from June 1 – August 31, 2021
(2) for Fall 2021, open from September 1 – November 30, 2021.
Awardees will also receive mentorship by a Dermalogica expert skin therapist.
· Must be a currently enrolled (or a newly accepted student) in a Dermalogica partner school, leading to licensure in the U.S.
· Applicant must identify as a person of color to qualify.
· Applicant must submit proof of enrollment in an esthetics program by uploading an acceptance letter, progress report, or official school letter.
Complete the online application and submit proof of enrollment for an esthetics program.
Submit a 3-minute maximum, YouTube video with a public link answering the following questions:
a) Describe how receiving this scholarship would impact your life. What are your short-term and long-term goals?
b) Why is esthetics your passion? How has your experience with your own skin shaped your passion?
c) How will you use your career in esthetics to benefit your community?
*Make sure to check whether your school is a Dermalogica partner school, before beginning the application.