Green Circle Salons – “Environmental Beauty” for cosmetology and barbering students in the professional beauty industry that leads to licensure. This scholarship is open to currently enrolled cosmetology and barbering students in an accredited school or institution for the 2022 programs and will be awarded through the Beauty Changes Lives Organization.
Award Amount | # of Recipients
Two (2) $4,000 Scholarships will be available for the Summer 2022 season which is open from June 1 – August 31, 2022.
Three (3) $4,000 Scholarships will be available for the Fall 2022 season which is open from September 1 – November 30, 2022.
Scholarship Description & Award Information
The Beauty Industry creates 877 lbs. of waste per minute! Green Circle Salons is a movement to empower salons and beauty professionals to offset their carbon emissions and recover up to 95% of their beauty waste. Green Circle Salons has been building a network of more than 16,000 Waste Warriors, schools and advanced academies throughout Canada and the United States and providing them with a comprehensive pathway to financial and environmental sustainability with a green business program. Today, Green Circle Salons has diverted almost 8 ½ million pounds of waste from landfill spaces and waterways since 2009.
- Must be a new or currently enrolled student in a cosmetology or barbering program in an accredited school or institution in the U.S. or Canada.
- The applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the program at the accredited school or institution.
- Complete online application and submit proof of enrollment in a cosmetology, barbering, esthetics, or nail technology program by uploading your: progress report, or official acceptance letter from your school.
- Submit a 3-minute maximum, YouTube video with a public link answering the following questions:
- Describe why environmental sustainability is important and what it means to you.
- How important is it to you to work in a certified sustainable salon after graduation? Why?
- Why do you think you should be chosen? How will the scholarship benefit you?
- How will you contribute to changing the industry to become healthier and more sustainable?