Generously funded by the Horst Rechelbacher Foundation, these $1,000 grants will provide financial assistance to beauty professionals or students of beauty programs, whose lives have been drastically changed by the mandated closures in response to COVID-19. Available to beauty professionals and students who are unemployed and cannot maintain their regular income during this time, these one-time $1,000 grants will be distributed directly to the applicant to provide temporary financial relief.
To Qualify Applicants Must:
- Be a licensed beauty professional and have been employed for 12 months on or before March 16, 2020. OR They must have been attending a program to become a licensed beauty professional on or before March 16, 2020.
- Live in a State or County that has mandated the closure of non-essential business.
- Must currently not be earning an income.
- Must be a licensed professional OR future professional receiving licensure in: cosmetology, esthetics, massage or barbering in the US.
- Must upload proof of licensure (photo or photocopy) OR if you’re a student your enrollment agreement or official progress report from your school.
- Provide original licensure date. How many years you’ve been licensed? Or if you’re a student, what is your expected graduation date.
- Submit a copy of your driver’s license, state ID, or passport
- Submit a copy of your 2019 W-2 or 1099, provide your number of dependents (if any), and submit your most recent monthly income.
- Specify your last day of work and length of your current unemployment
- Specify your place of employment and provide a link to their website, as well as a link to their professional social page.
200 word (or less) essay answering the following questions:
- What has been the most defining moment in your beauty career?
- How will this grant impact your life?
- Is there anything else you would like us to know about your economic situation?
IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE APPLYING
- Please make sure you’re applying from a computer or tablet as our scholarship portal is NOT responsive to mobile design
- All applications must be submitted through our scholarship portal, Academic Works, which you can access HERE.
- There are TWO PARTS to the application, the general application, and then the actual application for the Relief Grants. Please complete BOTH.
- We also suggest viewing our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information on how to apply for scholarships: https://beautychangeslives.org/faq/
“I grew up in spas and salons and saw firsthand all of the possibilities, rewards, and joy this industry sparks. Beauty Changes Lives’ work to elevate perceptions of this amazing industry complements our Foundation’s desire to give back in a meaningful way to the next generation of beauty leaders.”
“Horst’s career showed the world how beauty, wellness and the environment are linked together in a perpetuating cycle that can achieve so much good. We are privileged to continue his legacy through these generous scholarships.”