The Horst Rechelbacher Foundation + Green Circle Salon Membership
In 1978, Horst Rechelbacher founded the Aveda Corporation, a global plant-based cosmetic company, & ushered a new consciousness into the world of beauty.
Horst’s entrepreneurial vision is to create successful businesses in partnership with nature. As he puts it, “Business can be a solution to our planet’s crisis rather than the problem. We are at the threshold of the Sustainable Evolution, and I believe it will be even greater than the industrial revolution. It is a very exciting time for innovative thinkers and future-minded entrepreneurs, who I call ‘Ecopreneurs.’
In partnership with Green Circle Salons (GCS) we are introducing a membership for salons, spas and barbershops to join a movement to help the salon industry reduce its environmental footprint and provide options for consumers seeking genuine green options in salon care.
Applicant Requirements – “Green Circle Salon Membership”
Must be a licensed business owner of a salon and/or spa. Must upload proof of licensure i.e.: business owner license. Salon must have a commission-based or hourly-based salary model. Must check-out a minimum of 300+ guests per month. Must be willing to remit monthly recycling fee paid by guest.
- Application must include a 3-5 minute video answering the following questions:
- (A.) Describe why environmental sustainability is important to you.
- (B.) Describe one step that you have taken to help decrease waste.
- (C.) After researching Horst Rechelbacher, what passions do you have in common with him?
Ten (10) scholarships will be offered at different times during 2019 at the following times:
- Spring 2020 (3 scholarships avail.)-Application dates 3/1 – 5/31/20, Winner Notified 6/24/20, press release distributed by 7/24/20
- Summer 2020 (3 scholarships avail.)— Application dates 6/1-8/31/20, Winner Notified 9/30/20, press release distributed 10/23/20
- Fall 2020 (4 scholarships avail.)– Application dates 9/1 – 11/30/20, Winner Notified 11/24/20, press release distributed 1/4/21
“Horst’s career showed the world how beauty, wellness and the environment are linked together in a perpetuating cycle that can achieve so much good. We are privileged to continue his legacy through these generous scholarships.”