The Jerry Alexander Gorman Foundation “The Passion to Succeed” Student Scholarship Esthetics and Nail Technology
Jerry Alexander Gorman lived a life dedicated to his passion for the professional beauty industry. As a young man, with a new family to support, he took evening classes to become a licensed cosmetologist, while working full-time during the day. His perseverance for success did not stop there. After working for years as a hairdresser, he soon opened his first salon, and many years later became a national sales manager for a major manufacturer of salon and home beauty products. After years of experience, he channeled his love for the industry and decided to give back by becoming a successful and beloved educator.
In that spirit, his family formed the Jerry Alexander Gorman Foundation in his memory in 2015. The foundation was created with its main emphasis on awarding scholarships for students, specifically to those living in lower income families, to support their education to any discipline within the professional beauty industry.
Scholarship Description & Award Information
The Jerry Alexander Gorman Foundation “The Passion to Succeed” Student Scholarship was formed to support those in need to achieve their goal of becoming a licensed professional. The scholarship will be awarded through the Beauty Changes Lives Foundation and is open to newly accepted or currently enrolled students in an esthetics or nail technology program that leads to licensure in the U.S.
Award Amount | # of Recipients:
One (1) $3,500 Scholarships – Spring 2023
Scholarship submissions will be accepted during the Spring 2023 season open from March 1 – May 31, 2023.
The Jerry Alexander Gorman Foundation “The Passion to Succeed” Student Scholarship is open to newly accepted or currently enrolled students in an esthetics or nail technology program at an accredited school or institution leading to licensure in the U.S.
The applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the program at the accredited school or institution.
- Complete online application and submit proof of enrollment / acceptance in an esthetics or nail technology program at an accredited school or institution. You must upload either an enrollment document, official acceptance letter, or progress report from your school.
- Submit a 3-minute maximum YouTube video with a public link answering the following questions:
- Jerry Gorman had a passion for the industry, and he overcame many obstacles to make his dream a reality. What obstacles have you faced on your journey?
- Why do you want to make a career in the professional beauty industry? What part of the industry drives your passion? What made you choose this profession?
- What financial constraints have affected your ability to follow your dream? How will this scholarship be beneficial to your success?