L’Oréal Professionnel Empowerment Scholarship (All Schools)
Award Amount | # of Recipients
$5,000 in Tuition for 1 (One) Recipient | Summer Season
Applications Accepted June 1 – August 31, 2021
Scholarship Description & Award Information
2021 kicks off an empowering season as L’Oreal Professionnel launches the annual Empowerment Scholarship. Reflecting core values of diversity and equity in the hairdressing profession, the scholarship awards $5,000 in tuition funding for BIPOC students enrolled or accepted into any accredited cosmetology school throughout the U.S.
This scholarship will be offered annually to those interested in a career in hairdressing. In addition, each winner is eligible to be included into a mentoring / coaching program designed for cosmetology students during their time in school and for 1 year POST Graduation.
This year the Empowerment Scholarship will be dedicated to the memory of Sheena Coleman, a much loved member of the L’Oréal Professionnel Education Team who sadly passed away in 2020. Sheena’s love and passion for educating and inspiring others will live on as we dedicate the Empowerment Scholarship to her memory.
The L’Oreal Professionnel Empowerment Scholarship (All Schools)
- This scholarship will be available to anyone who identifies as a person of color.
- This scholarship is open to new or currently enrolled students in a cosmetology program that leads to licensure at an accredited school in the U.S.
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Celebrating diversity, the scholarship is open to students who identify as a person of color whose service demonstrates a commitment to justice, equity and diversity. Beyond demonstrating their commitment to these principles, applicants will be evaluated based on academic achievement, community involvement and financial need.
- Family members of L’Oreal Professionnel, elevate Salon Institute or the Franchisor are not eligible for this scholarship. Past winners of LP Scholarships cannot apply.
- Complete online application and submit proof of enrollment for a cosmetology program with uploading your: progress report, or official acceptance letter from your school.
- Submit a 3-minute maximum length, public YouTube video answering the following 3 questions:
- Explain the moment when you were certain that a career in cosmetology was your calling.
- What does diversity mean to you? How do you plan to include, in your daily practice, ways in which be inclusive and respectful of everyone?
- What does it mean to you to be entering the beauty community with the support of the L’Oreal Professionnel family?