Madison Reed “Confident is the new Beautiful” Scholarship
About Madison Reed
Madison Reed is founded on the belief that we all deserve better. Better hair color made with better ingredients, and better care not only for our hair, but for our clients, team members, and community. It’s about confidence, helping people feel like their best selves, and about community, giving back to causes that align with our values of Love, Joy, Courage, Trust, and Responsibility.
At Madison Reed, we pride ourselves on a shared sense of inclusion and belonging. We are deeply committed to equality, and work with our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Committee to ensure the heart and soul of our brand values are demonstrated in how we hire, recognize, support, and promote our people.
Scholarship Award Details:
- Award Amount | # of Recipients
- Five (5) scholarships are available during our fall 2021 season open from September 1 – November 30, 2021 for $5,000 each.
- Madison Reed scholarships are open to currently enrolled students or those accepted into a cosmetology program in 2021-2022, leading to licensure.
- Must be a US Citizen at the time application is submitted
- In support of our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging, for 2 of the 5 scholarships, applicants must identify as a person of color to qualify
1. Complete online application and submit legible proof of enrollment or acceptance to a cosmetology program by uploading either: an acceptance letter, progress report, or official letter from your school (include the name of the school and your first and last name on the form).
2. Answer the following questions via a 3-minute (maximum) YouTube video with a public link:
- How do you see the beauty industry as a platform for social change and how do you hope to make an impact?
- What or who inspired you to become a licensed cosmetologist?
- Madison Reed’s core values are Love, Joy, Courage, Trust & Responsibility. Briefly describe how you plan to consistently model these values as a beauty professional?
Must include #MadisonReedColor in Public Youtube title.