Applications accepted from June 1 – August 31, 2021
OPI’S “A GREAT OPERA-TUNITY” STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP 2021
OPI’s “A Great Opera-Tunity” scholarship will be awarded through the Beauty Changes Lives Foundation and is open to newly accepted or currently enrolled POC students in a nail technology program that leads to licensure in the U.S. or Canada. To qualify, applicants must identify as a person of color.
Award Amount | # of Recipients
$36,000 Total Donation for all of 2021 / twelve (12) $3,000 scholarships will be available during our 2021 and 2022 scholarship years.
Summer Season 2021– four (4) $3,000 scholarships available / Open from: June 1, 2021 – August 31,
- The OPI “A Great Opera-tunity scholarship is open to newly accepted or currently enrolled POC students in a nail technology program leading to licensure in the U.S. or Canada. To qualify, applicants must identify as a person of color.
Application Requirements –
- Complete online application and submit proof of enrollment / acceptance in a nail technology program. You must upload either an enrollment document, official acceptance letter, or progress report from your school.
Submit answers to question (a) and either question (b) or (c) via a 3-minute video:
- Name a nail art beauty influencer that inspires you; how do you hope to inspire the next generation of nail artists?
- How will OPI’s “Opera-tunity” scholarship help you achieve your goals?
- If you could name a future, best-selling OPI lacquer that would describe your best self – what would it be – use your imagination!
As the world leader in the professional nail care industry, OPI, a division of The Wella Company, is committed to providing high-quality products and services with a focus on industry safety and innovation. Known for its exceptional formula, fashionable colors and iconic names, OPI’s heavily-pigmented lacquers are super rich, long-lasting, and chip-resistant – offering an affordable luxury to consumers.
Currently, OPI is available in over 100 countries and offers a full line of professional items, including nail treatments, finishing products, lotions, manicure/pedicure products, files, tools and acrylics. OPI places a strong emphasis on corporate social responsibility by raising funds and awareness for numerous charities through retail partnerships and grassroots philanthropic initiatives.