Applications accepted from June 1 – August 31, 2021
OPI’S “A GREAT OPERA-TUNITY” STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP 2021
OPI’s “A Great Opera-Tunity” scholarship will be awarded through the Beauty Changes Lives Foundation and is open to newly accepted or currently enrolled POC students in a nail technology program that leads to licensure in the U.S. or Canada. To qualify, applicants must identify as a person of color.
Award Amount | # of Recipients
$36,000 Total Donation / twelve (12) $3,000 scholarships will be available during our 2021 and 2022 scholarship years.
Summer Season 2021– four (4) $3,000 scholarships available / Open from: June 1, 2021 – August 31, 2021
Fall Season 2021– four (4) $3,000 scholarships available / Open from: September 1, 2021 – November 30, 2021
Winter Season 2022– four (4) $3,000 scholarships available / Open from: December 1, 2021 – February 28, 2022
- The OPI “A Great Opera-tunity scholarship is open to newly accepted or currently enrolled POC students in a nail technology program leading to licensure in the U.S. or Canada. To qualify, applicants must identify as a person of color.
Application Requirements –
- Complete online application and submit proof of enrollment / acceptance in a nail technology program. You must upload either an enrollment document, official acceptance letter, or progress report from your school.
Submit a 3-minute maximum, YouTube video with a public link answering the following questions:
- Name a nail art beauty influencer that inspires you; how do you hope to inspire the next generation of nail artists?
- How will OPI’s “Opera-tunity” scholarship help you achieve your goals?
- If you could name a future, best-selling OPI lacquer that would describe your best self – what would it be – use your imagination!
As the world leader in the professional nail care industry, OPI, a division of The Wella Company, is committed to providing high-quality products and services with a focus on industry safety and innovation. Known for its exceptional formula, fashionable colors and iconic names, OPI’s heavily-pigmented lacquers are super rich, long-lasting, and chip-resistant – offering an affordable luxury to consumers.
Currently, OPI is available in over 100 countries and offers a full line of professional items, including nail treatments, finishing products, lotions, manicure/pedicure products, files, tools and acrylics. OPI places a strong emphasis on corporate social responsibility by raising funds and awareness for numerous charities through retail partnerships and grassroots philanthropic initiatives.