The Sage Michaela Lucas Timing is Everything scholarship is generously funded by Circadia, a pioneer in the science of chronobiology and skincare. The Sage Michaela Lucas Timing is Everything award celebrates diversity, inclusivity and affirmation.
The scholarship is open to esthetics students enrolled in an accredited program and who identify as black, indigenous or persons of color (BIPOC). The scholarship grant targets esthetic students pursuing a career in aesthetics, skincare formulation and/or cosmetic chemistry.
Award Amount: 2 (two) $5,000 tuition scholarships will be awarded.
Each awardee will receive the following:
- Mentorship program that includes a one-hour call each month to discuss business proposals, financial overview, skincare products and services etc.
- Invitation and all-expense paid trip to attend Circadia’s Annual Gala the year recipient receives scholarship, and a lifetime invitation for future Gala events.
- The applicants must identify as a person of color to qualify: BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, or person of color)
- This scholarship is open to new or currently enrolled students in an esthetics program that leads to licensure in the U.S. or Canada.
- The applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the program at the accredited school or institution.
- Students must provide proof of enrollment and/or proof of attendance in an esthetics program at an accredited school or institution.
Judging: A panel of judges representing the professional skincare sector will evaluate awardees’ video submissions and select winners.
- Complete the online application and submit proof of enrollment for an esthetics program by uploading a legible copy of acceptance letter, progress report, or official letter from your school.
- Submit a 3-minute (maximum length) YouTube video with a public link answering the following questions:
- If you were to win this scholarship, how do you plan to “pay it forward” once they have entered the industry to inspire the next generation of BIPOC hopefuls who have similar goals?
- Name a person in the beauty industry that you know personally or follow-on social media that motivates you or positively impacts you to stay committed to your dreams despite obstacles. Explain what is it about their story that gives you the most hope in your own career?
- Describe challenges you have overcome or life changing situations that turned to valuable lessons. What did you learn about yourself and how did you grow from these situations?
Jewellee’s years of experience in the esthetics industry, from the front of the office to the treatment room, have taught her many lessons that have led to a very successful career. It is her passion to help guide other estheticians to walk in their purpose and be the best service provider or business owner they can be. Sometimes you just need a helping hand or a guiding light to make all of your dreams come true, and Jewellee wishes to be that for you. Whether you are a solo esthetician, an aspiring business owner, or a student looking for employment, Jewellee has the experience and knowledge to help you achieve your greatest potential. Like the saying goes “teamwork makes the dream work”! Jewellee will be your partner and confidant. Through building community with like-minded estheticians or 1 on 1 coaching, there is a relationship that fits your needs and skill level. Jewellee believes by strengthening other estheticians, our industry will become stronger as a whole.
Davianne Beepot is a National Business Development Manager & Diamond Educator for Circadia Skincare. She is also the mentor of the Sage Michaela Lucas Timing is Everything scholarship. Davianne is also a licensed paramedical esthetician, business coach, and consultant passionate about making an impact through skincare. Since 2014, she has been doing so one face and business at a time. She has educated for various companies including the Aveda Institute of Esthetics and enjoys helping other estheticians succeed within the industry. She owns Skin Revision by Davianne, a skincare treatment and training center where her signature services can be found in Jacksonville, FL.
Some of Davianne’s specialties include advanced education and business/career building which has effectively proven to help estheticians unlock their next level of greatness and take their business and/or career to the next level.
As a widowed mother of three young boys, Davianne knows firsthand the true importance of having a successful business and career. She feels that she has been blessed with many great mentors on her career path; Davianne now pays it forward by helping individuals and companies grow and expand by rising above their limitations. She encourages others to become more aware and empowered by working with them to help them think outside of the box to find consistent profitable and effective solutions.
Davianne works with those that she mentors on sales strategization, brand awareness, personal branding, employee training, business model creation and planning, social media growth and content development, website development, online retailing, social media influencing, affiliate marketing & sales, email marketing, blogging, and more. Her mission as a mentor is to equip her mentees with the skillsets and resources needed to enable maximum growth. Estheticians and entrepreneurs can expect to be provided with full support to master the areas needed to become successful within their businesses and/or careers.
“Timing is everything in skincare and early access to quality education can set students up for lifetime success. As a company committed to equality in education, Circadia has a responsibility to nurture and support under-represented esthetic students while helping the industry build a more diverse cohort of professionals.”
“Beauty Changes Lives is honored that a precision skincare line trusted by elite spas and salons around the globe is raising awareness of the science behind the skincare, while helping advance a social movement and celebrate the diversity of an amazing industry”