The Sage Michaela Lucas Timing is Everything scholarship is generously funded by Circadia, a pioneer in the science of chronobiology and skincare. The Sage Michaela Lucas Timing is Everything award celebrates diversity, inclusivity and affirmation.
The scholarship is open to esthetics students enrolled in an accredited program and who identify as black, indigenous or persons of color (BIPOC). The scholarship grant targets esthetic students pursuing a career in aesthetics, skincare formulation and/or cosmetic chemistry.
Award Amount: 3 (three) $5,000 tuition scholarships will be awarded.
Each awardee will receive the following:
- Mentorship program that includes a one-hour call each month to discuss business proposals, financial overview, skincare products and services etc.
- Invitation and all-expense paid trip to attend Circadia’s Annual Gala the year recipient receives scholarship, and a lifetime invitation for future Gala events.
- The applicants must identify as a person of color to qualify: BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, or person of color)
- This scholarship is open to new or currently enrolled students in an esthetics program that leads to licensure in the U.S. or Canada.
- The applicant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older by the start date of the program at the accredited school or institution.
- Students must provide proof of enrollment and/or proof of attendance in an esthetics program at an accredited school or institution.
Judging: A panel of judges representing the professional skincare sector will evaluate awardees’ video submissions and select winners.
- Complete the online application and submit proof of enrollment for an esthetics program by uploading a legible copy of acceptance letter, progress report, or official letter from your school.
- Submit a 3-minute (maximum length) YouTube video with a public link answering the following questions:
- If you were to win this scholarship, how do you plan to “pay it forward” once they have entered the industry to inspire the next generation of BIPOC hopefuls who have similar goals?
- Name a person in the beauty industry that you know personally or follow-on social media that motivates you or positively impacts you to stay committed to your dreams despite obstacles. Explain what is it about their story that gives you the most hope in your own career?
- Describe challenges you have overcome or life changing situations that turned to valuable lessons. What did you learn about yourself and how did you grow from these situations?
“Timing is everything in skincare and early access to quality education can set students up for lifetime success. As a company committed to equality in education, Circadia has a responsibility to nurture and support under-represented esthetic students while helping the industry build a more diverse cohort of professionals.”
“Beauty Changes Lives is honored that a precision skincare line trusted by elite spas and salons around the globe is raising awareness of the science behind the skincare, while helping advance a social movement and celebrate the diversity of an amazing industry”