Worth Up Alliance – Entrepreneurial Grant – Up to $10,000
Our generous sponsors have returned for another season of the “Dream Capital by Worth Up Alliance Entrepreneurial Grant” 2023. The Worth Up Alliance serves beauty entrepreneurs ready to take the next step in their career. The alliance supports successful hairdressers, barbers, make-up artists, estheticians, massage therapists and nail professionals who aspire to open a salon, spa, or barbershop, formulate a product line, expand their business, make the leap from behind the chair to behind the scenes as an editorial stylist, or other notable career advance. Licenses professionals will be selected to pitch their concepts to a panel of judges for a chance to receive up to $10,000 to start their business. In addition, the Dream Capital recipients will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with an industry elite mentor.
One on One Mentorship will be held from March 13 – April 10th. Four finalists will be chosen to make their final “pitch” to a panel of industry professionals and three lucky winners will be announced and awarded that weekend. Final presentation will be held during the America’s Beauty Show, April 15 – 17, 2023, in Chicago, and awarded at the Beauty Changes Lives Gala on Sunday, April 16, 2023. Event and location information to come.
Scholarship Name: Dream Capital by Worth Up Alliance – Entrepreneurial Grant
Award Amount | # of Recipients
$20,000 in total awards for 2023
$10,000 | 1 Recipient
$5,000 | 2 Recipients
Awardees will also receive mentorship by a Worth Up Alliance Mentor.
Applications will be accepted from February 24 – March 10, 2023
- Applicant must be a member of theEntrepreneurs Circle (It’s FREE to Join!)
- Applicant must hold a valid license in cosmetology, barbering, nails, esthetics, or massage therapy in the United States.
Applicant must have already began the process of launching a new business.
Applicant must submit proof of banking information for the new business.
Applicant must submit proof of incorporation, either a copy of the Articles of Incorporation or the Federal Employee Identification Number or Federal Tax ID number for the new business.
- Applicant must open new business within 6 months of receiving grant.
- Complete the online application
- Submit a 3-minute MAXIMUM,YouTube video with a public link answering the following questions (if the video exceeds the 3-minute maximum length in time, the application will be declined):
- Describe how receiving this grant would impact your life and business plans. What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- Why is entrepreneurship your passion?
- Explain your business point of difference? What is unique about your business compared to others in the market?
- How will you use your business to benefit your community?
What is Worth Up Alliance?
Founders Ted Gibson and Jason Backe were inspired to establish the Worth Up Alliance based on their own careers as beauty entrepreneurs. Worth Up is uniting a coalition of change agents, dream makers and expert advisors committed to nurturing and empowering emerging Entrepreneurs through education, business coaching, mentoring, networking and start-up capital grants.