See what it takes to win!
Applications accepted from September 1 – November 30, 2020.
Horst Rechelbacher Foundation “Oncology Skincare” for advanced esthetics
Award Amount: Continued education courses with Oncology Spa Solutions: $1,000
Scholarship Description & Award Information
In 1978, Horst Rechelbacher founded the Aveda Corporation, a global plant-based cosmetic company, & ushered a new consciousness into the world of beauty. Two decades later, he shifted focus to Intelligent Nutrients, a health & beauty company that lives to the highest standards of certified organic ingredients to sustainable plant-based chemistry. All of Horst’s innovations revolved around beauty products that would care for professionals, their guests & the planet through the power of pure flower & plant essences.
Properly caring for guests of the salon & spa industry was always Horst’s intent. Knowing how to care for a guest that has a cancer diagnosis takes proper knowledge to safely & compassionately care for clients with individualized care to meet their specific needs.
The Oncology Spa Solutions® training started in the US in 2013 & has changed the lives of over 4,500+ students & many more clients. The success of this training confirmed to us that we as human beings have a desire to CARE for others & just need the right education to feel CONFIDENT in serving & caring for those that need us the MOST. More information here: https://www.oncologyspasolutions.com/
The “Oncology Skincare” scholarship is created for licensed estheticians and salon or spa owners that are seeking to better serve their clientele, especially those that may be facing cancer. It will also help them become more knowledgeable on how to care & treat these clients with SAFE non-toxic products. Those who may be facing cancer can find joy & rejuvenation when visiting their spa & esthetician.
Applicant Requirements – “Oncology Skincare” Advanced Esthetics
- Complete online application and submit required or proof of licensure.
- Submitted answers to questions (a) and (b) via a 3-5 minute video OR 200 word essay and inspiration board: A) Why they decided to go into esthetics B.) How being educated in Oncology Skincare will further your career & skillset. Video must show application of an esthetics treatment & include a description of why you love esthetics. OR a 200 word essay and inspiration board answering questions “A” and “B”
The following criteria is required for an application to be considered a qualified applicant:
- Applicant has fully completed all parts of the online application.
- Applicant has submitted either licensure or proof of program enrollment
- Applicant has submitted a 200 word essay and inspiration board OR video that is (3-5) minutes in length and answers questions (a & b) See questions under Application Requirements.
Application received by the designated date & time.
“Horst’s career showed the world how beauty, wellness and the environment are linked together in a perpetuating cycle that can achieve so much good. We are privileged to continue his legacy through these generous scholarships.”
Join us in our Mission & Become a Friend of Beauty Changes Lives, a new group of ambassadors dedicated to spreading the message of Beauty Changes Lives. Each month we’ll send you content that you can share on your social channels to help further our mission to make the beauty profession a first-choice career by empowering individuals with scholarships, mentorship, and inspiration. This is an easy and impactful way to share your love of the industry with those in your circle of influence and inspire those around you.
© Copyright – Beauty Changes Lives | Registered 501(c)(3). EIN: 27-2513071