The Horst M. Rechelbacher Foundation | “Sustainable Beginnings” – Basic Cosmetology & Barbering Scholarship
Horst Rechelbacher Foundation’s “Sustainable Beginnings” basic cosmetology and barbering 2021 programs and will be awarded through the Beauty Changes Lives Organization. Applications are accepted September 1 – November 30, 2021
Award Amount | # of Recipients
Five (5) winners will be awarded
Scholarship Description & Award Information
In 1978, Horst Rechelbacher founded the Aveda Corporation, a global plant-based cosmetic company, & ushered a new consciousness into the world of beauty. Two decades later, he shifted focus to Intelligent Nutrients, a health & beauty company that lives to the highest standards of certified organic ingredients to sustainable plant-based chemistry. All of Horst’s innovations revolved around beauty products that would care for professionals, their guests & the planet through the power of pure flower & plant essences.
Horst’s entrepreneurial vision is to create successful businesses in partnership with nature. As he puts it, “Business can be a solution to our planet’s crisis rather than the problem. We are at the threshold of the Sustainable Evolution, and I believe it will be even greater than the industrial revolution. It is a very exciting time for innovative thinkers and future-minded entrepreneurs, who I call ‘Ecopreneurs.’
This scholarship is for prospective or currently enrolled student of the beauty industry. The “Sustainable Beginnings” scholarship is designed to financially support those seeking licensure in the fields of cosmetology or barbering.
Applicant Requirements – “Sustainable Beginnings” Basic Cosmetology
- Must be a new or currently enrolled student in a cosmetology or barbering program must upload a legible copy of proof of enrollment i.e.: acceptance letter or progress report school that includes name of school and your name.
- Must upload proof of enrollment i.e.: acceptance letter or progress report from school
- Application must include a 3-minute (max. length) public facing Youtube video answering the following questions:
- (A.) Describe why environmental sustainability is important to you.
- (B.) Describe one step that you have taken to help decrease waste.
- (C.) After researching Horst Rechelbacher, what passions do you have in common with him?
“I grew up in spas and salons and saw firsthand all of the possibilities, rewards, and joy this industry sparks. Beauty Changes Lives’ work to elevate perceptions of this amazing industry complements our Foundation’s desire to give back in a meaningful way to the next generation of beauty leaders.”
“Horst’s career showed the world how beauty, wellness and the environment are linked together in a perpetuating cycle that can achieve so much good. We are privileged to continue his legacy through these generous scholarships.”