About the Campaign, Beauty Changes Lives (BCL) is a non-profit organization devoted to elevating and celebrating careers in the beauty & wellness industries through scholarship and mentorship programs. BCL is teaming up with the industry’s biggest supporters, brands, renowned professionals and inspiring influencers (like you!) to launch a campaign that establishes the credibility of a career in beauty.
Appealing to Gen Z’s entrepreneurial nature, we’ll cast cosmetology school as a way to take real control over your future, rather than a way to simply have a job.
Why This Matters Our industry is booming! In fact, it is projected to grow by over 36% over the next decade. And at the same time, we face a hiring deficit where more than a million positions over the next 10 years will be unfilled due to the lack of qualified professionals.
Growth is projected to occur in the beauty & wellness industry over the next decade!
Jobs could be left vacant while this growth occurs, & the previous generations retire.
Why is category interest not influencing career trajectory?
The perception of a career in beauty must shift—from backup plan to aspiration.
Top perceptions of why cosmetology school is not a consideration:
• Compensation and financial stability- a career in beauty is perceived as low wage.
• Opportunity – the notion that there is no room for growth other than working behind the chair.
• Relatable aspiration – with so few cosmetologist entrepreneurs, those interested in the beauty industry have too few relatable business role models.
You’ve made your mark—not only within the industry but also on mainstream perceptions of the industry.
You’re forward-thinking, creative, and entrepreneurial—an embodiment of the transformation that’s taking place. It’s time to evolve the notion of the beauty service industry from a middle-skill job into an exciting, growth-fueled category where everyone is searching for the next one who can make their mark. It’s time for younger generations to see what’s possible and aspire to it. We’re asking you to pay it forward—to give back to your craft!
Your work is phenomenal, you’ve obtained cosmetology accreditation, and you connect with Gen Z—you are a true inspiration for younger generations and the perfect fit for this campaign. We would love to have you on board as one of our featured Ambassadors!
The Ask As an influential professional in your field:
As a MAKE YOUR MARK campaign Ambassador, your story and your curated collection of content—noted below—will be featured on the campaign’s website and in supporting materials (please refer to the corresponding Talent Release Agreement for terms and usage).
You can expect to supply our team with the following materials:
• Biography (career highlight, passions & inspirations)
• Additional supporting content—video and photography*
• In action/at-work, events, examples of your work, work-related travels, etc.* *
• On-the-phone interview with our team to get to know you and your story (We will capture an audio recording)
• At least one (1) Instagram Story per month for six (6) months – including link to the campaign website